Sunday, January 4, 2009

01.01.09

Today I'm going to be getting a wee bit spiritual. I have been serving in a kid's programme in a camping site the last few days. It has been a rewarding and remarkable experience so far. Today we gave an opportunity for the kids to stay behind to learn more about Jesus and the price he paid so that we could have eternal life. I talked to one girl who just happens to have been to my church a few times and whom I recognised. It's so crazy how we travelled over five hours to this place so far from home and yet so many people from the Shore were there. It's awesome because it means we can meet up with them and follow on the work we started in their lives.
Anyway, it was just awesome to be sharing with this child my faith and the hope that I have because I know that I have been saved from what I deserve by Jesus Christ dying in my place. It's amazing and I feel so priviledged to be able to speak hope and love and joy into her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment