Wednesday, January 28, 2009

27.01.09

Today passed without much significance. I did, however, watch two films.
After American Beauty I felt as if I had just allowed rubbish to be tipped into my head for two hours straight. I see how it could have got best picture but it was just so full of trollop.
Bride Wars was funny, not hilarious, but funny enough. I'm generally not a chick flick person but as far as they go this was ok.
I disagree with one point though. They made it seem like friendships last forever. I don't think they do. People come and go from your lives. Very rarely do you hear of people being friends since babies. It's a nice thought but people tend to develop at different paces. That's just what I have found anyway.

3 comments:

  1. what?? you have it all backwards. american beauty was an amazing movie. i love the statement it makes about hummanity and shows how you should find beauty in the small and insignificant. kind of like this whole remarkable year thing. and bride wars?? come on!! lol. guess we have differing tastes in movies..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what American Beauty was saying but I just felt there was an unnecessary amount of crap in it. It's like so many filmmakers feel that to make a mature, thought-provoking film they must put in all of these dodgy themes and sequences. Not a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Kevin Spacey. And I love Anne Hathaway

    ReplyDelete