Wednesday, April 8, 2009

07.04.09

It's coming up to Easter and I have been so busy doing loads of things for Eastercamp and I haven't stopped to think of what Easter really means.

Tonight at lifegroup we watched a DVD. It was Louie Giglio preaching. He has massive earlobes. Seriously. Google it. Your wildest dreams will come true.

Anyway, he was talking about The Unthinkable Rescue and he went through the story of the prodigal son.
It's so awesome that God sees us where we are at, no matter how far from him we feel, and he's waiting for us to turn around and come home. The coolest thing is that he's not waiting there to bash us for going astray, he comes to meet us where we're at and treats us like a son/daughter when we deserve much, much less.

It's amazing.

I'm so glad the God I know isn't just some scary old man up in the clouds but he knows me intimately and loves me so much.

Sometimes it's easy to forget.

1 comment: