Wednesday, April 15, 2009

11.04.09

This may be seen as a positive or a negative thing.
At the time I thought it was so dumb but now I can see that it was cool.

In the main meeting this evening there was some stuff going on that my church and other churches present don't practise. It got a bit freaky for a few of our campers who hadn't seen that sort of thing before so our pastor and youth leader decided to take us back to camp and talk about what was going on.

At the time I was so frustrated because I thought it was just my church again, staging a walk-out when they didn't agree with something and not giving it a shot. But now I see that it was because most of our campers had no idea what was going on and they were really freaked out.

I'm glad we got the chance to talk about it amongst our group.
For the rest of camp we were so much closer as a group and I feel like we were able to talk about some issues because of what happened which aren't really addressed in my church.

I just hope that no one was too offended because we left and that they can understand the reasons behind it.

2 comments:

  1. Katie you got me hooked... what happened??!!

    "again staging a walk-out" when has this happened before? Why?

    Typo of 'we', second to last paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it was just that they decided to go all Holy Spirit all up in our grill.
    We were a tad disappointed that they had 3,000 teenagers, a lot of whom were unsaved and they chose to do that instead of preaching the gospel.

    I meant that it was just like my church to get offended. I've never been involved in a walk-out before with them. I don't think that as a group we've done that before.

    Typo fixed.

    ReplyDelete