Sunday, May 17, 2009

15.05.09

Today I had my Hong Kong Cinema lecture. It is freezing in the room. You walk in and it hits you like a heat wave except icy cold. To make matters worse, it's a two hour lecture.
Every Friday I try to dress accordingly and suffer the agony of sweating all the way up the hill in the sun to uni just so I'm not so cold in the lecture. I always underestimate the coldness of the room though.
Today was no different.
Walking in I was quite pleased with myself as I had my trusty woolen scarf to wrap around me if the need came up. And sure enough it did about 5 - 10 minutes in. I placed it very strategically to begin with so my back and neck were covered. As time went on however, I was trying to get as much as possible inside this little scarf. I had my arms in and my lecturer had to say something mighty important to draw my hand out to take a quick note. I had it up around my nose after a bit and then my ears because they were getting cold.
I realized in that moment how much like my mother I am. No matter how foolish she will look, she does whatever she can to keep warm. Scarves, coats, jumpers, socks. They all come in to play in the wintertime. I would have looked like a right idiot trying to fit my whole body under the little scarf. I truly am my mother's daughter.
It made me smile to realize that.

No comments:

Post a Comment