Tuesday, September 7, 2010

05.09.10

Far out God is awesome.

Tonight I gave a short message at our youth service and led into a time of response and communion. I was fretting so much. I was sitting up there while Willie and JD spoke, thinking of ways I could get out of it. I was shaking and had the worst butterflies of my life.

What if I opened my mouth and my voice failed?
What if I forget to say something really important?
What if I jumble all my words?
What if no one responds?

They were silly questions because we had just sang, "You'll Come". And He did.

People came up and took communion, grown men cried, and there was a genuine atmosphere of worship.

It reminded me that God is so faithful. He'll show up when He says He will and it'll be powerful.

I just am so grateful and humbled that He used me. Even in all my weakness and disbelief He used me.

He's that kind of God.

2 comments:

  1. He is an awesome God and you are an awesome servant.

    Anyway I too was thinking about this. Countless times I have written in my dairy about why on earth did I worry about such things when God has it under control... so joga~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Far out awesome. Uses the weak to lead the strong :)

    ReplyDelete