Tuesday, November 30, 2010

27.11.10

There is something fantastic about barefeet.
It is the essence of summer.
I love living in the East Coast Bays because you are never so far from the beach that you can't stroll around barefoot. You can even go into shops without shoes on.
The radius of acceptability is slightly blurry though.
For instance, I think if you are in Browns Bay or suchlike it is allowed. However, the mall is not ok.
Nor are any toilets.

Today it was my car and an op shop in Torbay. That's ok I think.

Driving in barefeet is just so natural. It makes the car kind of an extension of yourself which you are controlling with your body. Like another limb.

3 comments:

  1. I often don't wear shoes cos it's fun, it makes my feet brown all round and I like people noticing and being jealous of how free I am.

    Places i visit on such occasions include:
    - the beach
    - friends' houses
    - the supermarket
    - shopping centres
    - parks

    That said, I'm a bit more of a hippy/unemployed person than you. Also, sometimes it is helpful to wear shoes, like when you go rock climbing or when you play touch against people who are wearing hard ground boots.

    When you are wearing jandals, do you take them off to drive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mostly always.

    You just better not wear them into toilets. Wear nothing I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I do. I'm ruthless as.

    ReplyDelete