Wednesday, March 9, 2011

01.03.11

Uni was actually pretty awesome today. I had a three hour class which is ridiculously pretentious and arty. It's all about poetry and the different ways we can read it.

For the third hour of class today we took poetry to the pavement with chalk. The task was to make the poetry come alive, off the page and into the public sphere.
It wasn't such a bad way to spend a beautiful afternoon.

I really like the way that the poems are completely different when extracts are seen on the ground in different shapes and colours. The meanings change and they become much more interesting.

I didn't feel as much of a dork as I thought I would being out there with people walking by. It could have been because people get used to seeing it at the start of every year or maybe it's just part of growing up and not caring about how others percieve me.

It was fun nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment