Wednesday, September 12, 2012

09.09.12

Tonight I was brave and did something I haven't done since high school - I acted in a play.

It was a rather terrifying experience as I kept procrastinating learning lines and practising at home.

I've been so nervous the past couple of weeks because of it, even feeling sick from the stress.

It all turned out alright this evening though. I didn't forget any lines or blocking, and I think I said them with reasonable conviction. No Oscar nominations, but it was good enough.

I had to be a pregnant woman, which was a bit of a challenge. I'm pretty sure I never want to actually be pregnant after that. Yes, it's a miracle and an honour, but having a beachball under my dress was discomfort enough!

I'm sure I'll change my mind at some stage.

In the middle of the performance the weirdest thing happened. It was like I was outside of myself, looking on. I just thought about what would happen if I just stopped acting and walked off, and imagined all of the reactions. I had to snap myself back to what I was doing and remember my next lines. It felt so odd.

But yes. Acting is absolutely nerve-shattering, but it's good fun.

1 comment: