Monday, September 24, 2012

23.09.12

Today was the biggest mission of my life. That was an exaggeration. But there was a lot to achieve even without the added pressures of tiredness and emotion that I was experiencing.

That's why it was surprising that Kids' Church went extremely well. I can't pinpoint a specific reason, only that I was encouraged by many little things including a very cute activity sheet made for me by one of the six year old girls.

It was evidence that what we've been putting all the effort into by trying to get parents to do stuff at home with their kids is paying off. She is getting it.

If you'd told me 2 years ago that this particular girl would be responding so well, I would have stared at you in disbelief. There were tantrums and dramas each Sunday for a while as we tried to help her settle in.

But something is working and she is loving it. And I am honoured to be part of her journey of faith and discovery.

Sometimes it's hard to get up on a Sunday morning, but these little things make it worth it.

Here's her activity page (we've been learning about respect and I've been dressed up as a pilot each week to help make the message engaging by pretending we're on a plane):



No comments:

Post a Comment