Monday, October 22, 2012

20.10.12

Today there are two particularly remarkable things.

The first was sitting on the same giant rock I wrote about three years ago and looking out over that same ocean. It was the same colour blue, and just as beautiful. The moment wasn't nearly as profound or private, but I just loved that the rock hadn't moved and I could come back to it and ponder. That part of the world just kept on keeping on and each year when I visit, I can depend on it to be the same.

The second is more a memory I don't want to forget. A quality that I am coming to appreciate a lot in people is general cheekiness and the ability to produce fun. Sarah is one such person, and proceeded to cause many giggles tonight at Jessi's 21st. At the door, each guest was handed a card. One person had the word, 'murderer' written on theirs. The aim was to get that card by swapping with people over the course of the night. Sarah got the great idea to start writing messages on the card. Things escalated and the cards made the rounds and various people were demanding the kisses, promised by the cards. Some had Jessi's name, and others had Dan, Lucy, mine, and even Sarah as I got her back. It was a huge laugh, made funnier by the fact that we all had to disappear during speeches. As Lucy said, "It was all part of the illusion."

No comments:

Post a Comment