Saturday, December 15, 2012

15.12.12

I had been waiting for tonight to arrive for so long that I had forgotten all about it when the day was finally upon me.

I was so confused as I answered a call from Yvette, asking about our dinner plans and telling me hers'. She must have heard the confusion in my voice as I mumbled an answer, because she said,

"Dinner... and then the show... Mary Poppins...tonight!"

OH!

It was indeed magical. There was not a single flaw in the entire performance. The children were amazing and so gifted. Mary herself was practically perfect in every way, and the other characters were all incredible.

The best scene was a tap dance in which they sang and tapped a flipping demanding number, with Bert upside down as he did a solo. I could not believe it!

Man, I wish I could be part of a production like that! Being on stage feels so good, especially when you're bowing. You could tell the cast just loved it. They couldn't hid the elation in their faces, even right at the end of their tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment