Thursday, January 10, 2013

10.01.13

Today was hot like no other day so far. The air was so thick you could feel it all around you, and everything was sticky.

Last Summer was definitely not like this, but I am certainly not complaining! I even appreciate the instant scorching sensation from touching the steering wheel in my car.

This afternoon I had to go to church to help Links and Sam out with a few things, and it was a very strange feeling. It was not entirely pleasant. I sat at my old desk waiting for them to get out of a meeting and thought about how it's not my desk anymore. I got quite sad actually.

The sadness mingled with nostalgia weighed heavy like the stifling heat.

It's weird how emotions can take physical form.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

How did I forget to write about the most amazing natural phenomenon of my life!?

Tonight after jamming, Amy, Von, Michael and myself went for a swim in the dark at Browns Bay beach. As Michael dove under I noticed his hands glowing in the water. There was the most incredible phosphoresence I have ever seen.

As soon as we moved in the water, our limbs would send a few sparks of pale blue light into the water. The faster we paddled, the deeper and brighter the colour became and we could make our hands disappear into a glow like neon.

It was indescribable.

1 comment:

  1. It's been weird looking into the office and not seeing your stuff. It has also lost its Katie smell. It feels too foreign!

    ReplyDelete