Saturday, February 16, 2013

16.02.13

Today was the day of my leaving party. I felt incredibly blessed to have so many amazing friends who dropped in throughout the evening and afternoon. The Elley family did so much to clean up their property and host us all. It was the perfect afternoon, sipping Dad's lemonade and just hanging out with different groups of people. I have had so many hugs!

The most remarkable moment of the day was actually on the drive there. Dad's favourite, Lecrae was blasting in the car and I was thinking about the lyrics of Background when we noticed these bikers ahead. One of them was wearing a jacket with a patch that read, "The Redeemed". They were Christian bikers and so proud of it. That, coupled with the song was enough for me to have one of those profound moments that sometimes overcome you. I don't know what I learnt exactly, something about God being in control and trusting Him as well as not being ashamed of Him. If these guys could be so proud of their faith in a really tough gang culture, surely I can in my everyday life.

1 comment: