Sunday, March 3, 2013

02.03.13

Tonight we wandered a bit downtown through the streets and settled on eating Mexican. I felt like I was cheating, eating familiar food so soon. It was pretty yum though, and had enough of a Korean vibe with the disco lights, smoke machine, and blaring music. They sang this girl happy birthday and it was absolutely crazy. A birthday song came on, everyone clapped along (NOT on the backbeat, of course), and there were sparklers involved.

A few other things made my day today. I found a cosy cafe across the road with wifi for when mine isn't on. I didn't figure out how to order actual food so I just had a coffee. That'll be the next step.

When I bought groceries, the man gave me a genuine smile to say goodbye. He wasn't afraid of me, like some. He was just lovely.

Also, on closer inspection, my flat is actually pretty gross. I started wiping down the tiles and it was like one of those ads. The difference was shocking. I moved the gas hobs and discovered a whole lot of food and grease. I shoved it back because it was time to leave, but I'm pretty sure it's going to haunt me unless I remove it and scrub it all down.

1 comment:

  1. I can't help but laugh at the fact that you are scary to the Koreans!

    ReplyDelete