Sunday, March 3, 2013

03.03.13

It amazes me that being part of the wider church means that you have family wherever in the world you go. It was amazing to experience that this afternoon as I attended the only English speaking service in Daegu. Everyone was so welcoming and really nice. Taking communion all together was so unifying, and the benediction was a new experience for me, but quite powerful.

Another new experience for me today was skyping in a coffee shop. It was so strange, but I got over my shyness after a while. That is, until mum said "annyonghaseyo" loudly to the girl who walked past. Immediate mute!

I have had soooooo much coffee today. I mistakenly thought one shop had wifi and bought a coffee before I tested it out. I practically had to skull it so I could find another place before 5pm, the set time to see family. Ohh dear. I bought another one in the new place so now it's 7pm and my brain is buzzing. I'm never going to sleep tonight! The issue is that cafe latte is usually the only thing I can pronounce so the barista recognises.

While drinking a coffee in yet another shop this afternoon, I heard some throat clearing so I turned around to see a lady with a piece of pizza in her hand. She indicated for me to take it so I did. It was delicious! Just what I wanted for lunch. It completely made my day that much brighter.

Korea is just getting better.

We shall see how I feel after a full day of teaching tomorrow. Eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment