Friday, March 8, 2013

08.03.13

Friday! The end of my first full week as a teacher. I'm not gonna lie, it was a good feeling when that bell rang (the bell is a cute little tune and it is played every period, beginning and end - still loving it though - I definitely do a little head dance every time). Less good when I realized I don't have a powerpoint made for Monday yet. I'm gonna have to drink lots of coffee in cafe's with wifi this weekend to work on it.

I went straight from school to E-Mart and managed to underpay for my drink. We were all confused. The girls there helped me access the internet and I had a Skype with Mum and Dad, Amy and Von. It was fun. I'm getting over the public thing.
Some little kids wanted to sit in the background and watch for a bit. That was fine with everyone concerned. They were adorable.

For the first time since I got to Daegu I felt so far away from home today. I got one of those heart-dropping texts and I just wanted to be there. It feels so helpless to be so  distant with the only means of communication being frustratingly inconsistent.

But I bought a vacuum cleaner! That's definitely noteworthy. It was expensive, but I will never regret.

In other news, my students are getting bolder:




Maybe I won't wear this outfit again. 

But then again…
I choose to take it as a compliment.

I also got called a model, Nicole Kidman, and they said my face was small while they held up balled up fists (it's an attractive quality in Korea). If they keep it up, I'll give everyone A's

2 comments: