Sunday, March 17, 2013

17.03.13

DISCLAIMER: This post is about to get super Christiany. I apologize if that's not your cup of tea, but I want to document the remarkable stuff that happened today. Please don't feel obliged to read.

Today has been a great day, although it did start two hours early, with some neighbours hammering away at my wall or something very close to it.
I used the spare time to lay in bed, check Facebook, Instagram, delay showering until I ran out of time... all the important things.

Anyway, I embarked on the 1hr journey to the stop by church and arrived at a cute little cafe for a Skype date with the lovely Lucy Collins. It was so good to see her. To begin with I was ashamed because the cafe was so busy and everyone could see me Skype, but then when I took my headphones out I was ashamed because I realized the cafe had cleared out and I hadn't adjusted my noise level. I was practically yelling at my laptop. Ahhh well.

Church was amazing, yet again. I had missed it without even knowing it. During the first worship song it just felt good and right and like home. The sermon was exactly what I had been thinking about over the past week and a bit. It was about being salt and light and then some really interesting, foundational points on The Law and what it actually means today. I really like how he preaches. It's super biblical, but his style is different and I really like the things he chooses to point out.

Aaaaanyway... so after the service I was talking to this girl, just getting-to-know you stuff, and right in the middle of answering my question about how long she'd been in Korea, she asks, "Do you sing?" As I was mumbling my way through my, "Well yes, but no, but not very well, but I did do worship back home, but I'm not very confident...," she takes my hand and drags me up the front to meet the worship leaders and talk about joining. On our way up there she explained that God had told her I sang and I should join the team.

No pressure or anything. It's my second week! Plus I already told God I didn't wanna get involved in ministry this year because I want a break. And why did he choose the scariest one to tell her about!? I would've gladly done welcoming or even Kids' Church. But no. I'm going along to watch the practice next Sunday.

On my first Saturday night in Daegu I met a girl in Daiso. I was foreign, she was foreign, so she said hello. We had some conversation, said goodbye, see you round, and then kept passing each other in the store and awkwardly commenting on each others' purchases. After a final farewell at the checkout I thought she was a nice stranger and never thought we'd hang out again.

Until I saw her at church this afternoon. It was so cool. I went over and said hello, then she invited me to have coffee with her and a friend and I had a blast. I love it when those sorts of things happen! I even remembered her name.



So there were three remarkable coincidences that I believe God orchestrated for me today. The sermon topic, the whole worship team thing, and the chance meeting with that girl.

He really cares.

4 comments:

  1. This truly is the happiest read of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stopped reading after the disclaimer. Please stop shoving your religion down my throat!

    Jokes :)

    God's great! How great He is. I hope you learn 위대하신 주!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Church is called Donshing. It's a big Presbyterian one. I go to the English service. There are kids running about the building at the same time. Cute ones.

    ReplyDelete