Monday, March 18, 2013

18.03.13

Hello Monday. I did not want you to come, but you ended up being pretty cool.

It was Gift Giving Day Pt. 2 and despite some trembling I marched through the teacher's office and up to the vice principal. I handed over my gift (with both hands) and it was done. Phew!

At the end of the day I checked my school messenger inbox and saw a message which I thought said, "You can go get your settlement allowance from the administration office," so I bounced along the hallway and down the stairs, dreaming of purchasing milk on the way home. After a flurry of Korean, confusion, and wild gestures, the lady called my Co-Teacher who just said to me, "Why did you go there?" over the phone. At that moment it dawned on me that I had misread the email. Instead it said I could get my ARC card which I had already done earlier today.

I said sorry a million times in Korean and shamefully walked out. Way to be a demanding foreigner.

It's cereal and coffee with no milk for me tomorrow morning.

Things have got that serious.

I did, however, find it in my bank account to buy these, very necessary face masks.

No comments:

Post a Comment