Sunday, April 21, 2013

21.04.13

I am in with the kids at church! I got invited to have dinner with them afterwards. My favourites were there, so it made it even more of an honour. It's feeling more like home every week.

It was really nice to be part of a group of already-friends. They didn't feel like they had to be polite to each other and they just spoke their mind. I feel like these days I'm watching myself quite a lot with everyone, but with these girls it was nice because I could join in on the hassling and not feel bad about it.

One girl asked for it by ordering a poutin (a whole lot of fries covered in gravy and melted cheese). It was twice the size of her. I already liked her a lot, but now the respect level is through the roof. She took a doggybag home in the biggest polystyrene container I've ever seen.

It was also cool because they've been in Daegu for a while already and I found out about some new places to go. There's even a baking store which will be my dream come true apparently!

Today I also went to the worship practice before church. I kinda was a little bitter about it because Lucy was here and I wanted to hang with her and also the songs were all unfamiliar and seemed super lame.

It was actually heaps of fun though because we danced and sang and laughed a lot. The girl who roped me into it in the first place is a blast. Also, one of the best things about being in the band is that the leaders bring us lunch each week. Today was BK Whoppers and they tasted exactly like home. It was so delicious and I don't even eat Burger King in NZ.

To top it all off, I had a lengthy Skype to L.Collins. What a great way to end the week!




No comments:

Post a Comment