Wednesday, April 24, 2013

24.04.13

After small group tonight I was checking out some socks by the subway station and I suddenly realized I had left my phone at Afia's house! I was so annoyed because it would take forever to walk back and then I'd be home so flippin late. Luckily I was with another girl who called Afia, who offered to jump in a cab and bring it to me. It was one of those simple acts of kindness that I really appreciated so much!

I love it when people do things like that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a golden story that didn't happen today, but I can't remember when so we'll pretend:

Today felt like a long day. The last period was difficult. I had to keep quieting the class and we all just wanted to zone out, so when it came to the end I was about ready to go home and plonk on my bed for a few moments. My coteacher said, "Goodbye, see you tomorrow..." and I went to my office and packed up my things. I locked up, headed out the door, and down the road.

I thought something seemed off, but kept walking along, distracted by texting. I looked up from my phone and was aware that the usually jam-packed bus stop was empty. I then realized that I hadn't met anyone walking out of school except the groundsman, whom I said a cheery goodbye to.

In horror, I checked my phone and groaned audibly as I realized I had left school an hour early. What an embarrassing mistake. I turned around reluctantly and tried to sneak back in with nobody seeing, but I'm sure they did. It's a good thing I did though, because an English teacher visited my office to ask about an exam question.

Just another installment of "Katie Does Stupid Stuff in South Korea".


No comments:

Post a Comment