Friday, May 10, 2013

10.05.13

Today I was just in a great mood all day. I think it's because I slept a lot and woke up feeling like a real human being.

The sun was shining, I was wearing comfy clothes, and I wasn't teaching. 

I had a day full of one on one conversations with students. They were so nervous for their speaking tests. One girl was in hysterics. To begin with I couldn't tell whether it was laughing or crying but she looked up and to my relief it was giggles. 

I took it as a challenge to calm each student down and help them through the questions. It worked most times and I was really surprised by how fluent some of them were. 

One guy told me about one thing on his bucket list and it was beautiful.

He wants to die up in the Himalayas because its so beautiful that it looks like it was carved out by the hands of God. So he is going to take his wife's hand and go up with her to show her where to meet him after he passes. 

It was in broken English but I'm pretty sure that's what he meant. 

Another boy who is so shy surprised me when we had such a natural conversation. He wants to travel to every country because he wants to, "Meet every person in the world."  It was darn cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment