Saturday, May 11, 2013

11.05.13

It felt so good to be at the worship seminar today. A professor from a Christian university was speaking and it was really different from any other worship talk I'd heard before. It was very refreshing to hear his perspective on the Korean Church and how easy it is to slip into idolatry for the Church in general.

I was very impressed. I think I'm learning a lot more just being in a different country and hearing from people who see scripture through their own set of cultural goggles. They always pick out something interesting I hadn't thought about before. 

After the seminar I met up with Gemma and Nicole and we caught the train to Jochiwon, Lucy-territory. The train had a cool feel. It was like being on an airplane but with less belongings. The vibe was the same. I cannot explain. 

When we arrived we met Lucy and she showed us around. We got pizza from this cute little shop with a delightful lady who gave us oranges and communicated in gestures. 

We took the pizza back to her place and ate it along with wine and Pepsi. It was a great time just being friends and chatting until late. We started playing a fun song guessing game which Lucy likes to think she won. I think the real winners were Nicole and I for our heartfelt rendition of The Elephant Love Medley from Moulin Rouge. 

We didn't sleep until 4am! Crazies. 

Right on midnight Lucy opened gifts and started receiving messages from friends and family. 

It was a great time.




Napkin list of what we're going to do in Seoul next weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment