Saturday, May 18, 2013

17.05.12

Thanks to Buddha getting one year older, I made my way to Seoul instead of working today. It has been a fantastic day.

Bright and early I rose, got ready, and left the house at 7:30. Quite a feat really. Nicole and I caught the KTX and arrived in record time. 

On the way we made an itinerary and it brought us great delight to have a plan for the best weekend ever.

First up was a 5 Extracts, a coffee shop in Hongdae. The location was a lot better than the coffee. I noticed straight away how each house or store was in a different shaped building. There were so many hidden gems on the back roads. I immediately fell in love with the area. 

We went to the hostel to meet Lucy, Becky, and Maggie before setting out on our shopping adventure. Hongdae just kept getting cooler as we found all sorts of shops, including some vintage ones. 

We moved on to Myeongdong where I spent quite a bit at this one shop with cheap vintage clothing. It was amazing. I could have stayed in there forever if it wasn't for the crowds and the heat. 

Then it was on to the stream which was beautifully lit up by lanterns in Buddha's honour. I was very impressed and Lucy showed me some camera tricks which I've forgotten already. I'll never get the hang of it. 

We ate some Mexican which was so delicious, and talked about boys over our margharitas. We were absolutely knackered so we made it back to the hostel and crashed. 

I should have thought about all the walking when I packed my shoes.






1 comment: