Sunday, May 19, 2013

18.05.13

Seoul Day 2: Cultural Awareness

We were true tourists today, visiting Gyoungbuk Palace, Hongbuk Village, and eating a traditional lunch in Insadong. 

I fell even more in love with Seoul after wandering around and looking at the back streets. There's so much more we could have done in Insadong. We didn't have the legs to carrying us to the tea rooms or around the nifty shops. That'll go on the list for next time. 

The historical houses were so cool and I decided to take many photos of people having their photos taken. It was a fun hobby for a while and there were  certainly enough opportunities. 

We had patbingsu in a cafe which refreshed us enough to give us the energy to get back to the hostel to change before visiting Namsan Tower. It was raining so hard and we bought emergency umbrellas from a lady. It all happened very quickly but I ended up with a clear one like I had always wanted. I felt very cool walking around with it. 

The view was cool up the tower and I was stoked to find a window dedicated to showing the direction of NZ. I can't wait to go back there when it's light and dry. 

Lucy kept hurting herself and the walk down from the tower was funny as she looked hilarious, trying to be quick but careful in the pouring rain. The cars were swishing by and it sounded just like Auckland. 

Our Indian dinner was accompanied by wine and more discussion about boys. It was a lot of fun. Much laughter was shared. 

When I looked in the umbrella pot on the way out I was disappointed to find my one gone. At least I knew the joy of the transparent umbrella for a few moments. 

The walk home soaked us despite our remaining umbrellas, but we sure did enjoy ourselves.







No comments:

Post a Comment