Thursday, May 30, 2013

29.05.13

I ate watermelon today for the first time in ages. Rebekah came in with a plate of watermelon and tteok for me and I had a ball eating it all.

The watermelon was super juicy and fresh and the tteok (ricecake) was amazing. It had red bean paste in the middle so it was sweet and delicious. Ahhh man it made me so happy.

I was hungry and we still had two back-t-back classes to go before lunch, so as soon as I had a piece I was good to go! Obviously, I did not stop there!

It's strange and amazing the way food can just improve your mood so much.

After lunch I went on a giant walk with a couple of teachers. We danced by the river and strolled back to make coffee. I did the hand drip thing myself and sat in the teachers office, yarning with them for ages instead of lesson planning. They sliced up more watermelon which we ate and then got back to work. I love those teachers!

But the MOST exciting thing that happened was that during that rendezvous in the teacher's room, I received an amazing package from Big Girls. Ahhhhhh it was so cool! It made my office smell like soap, and I loved everything in it! The letters and cards were so beautiful and I definitely teared up. When i was reading Cindy's testimony about Eastercamp the tears started actually rolling and I had just gained my composure slightly when the teacher next door came in and asked for help with the computer.

I fumbled over words about being ok and having happy tears and good news from home. I don't think it was very convincing, but it was true!

THANK YOU SO MUCH GIRLS! And Cindy, you're a STAR for organizing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment