Monday, June 3, 2013

02.06.13

I had a good time singing at church today. I was nervous in the build up because I thought it was only going to be me and I had never heard a single song on the list, but when Leanna turned up I breathed a sigh of relief.

She went through the songs with me and really helped me feel confident. Also, she has an amazing rich voice and does beautiful harmonies. We all blended really well and I felt confident by the time the service came.

It was awesome to be part of that kind of beauty. There was one song in particular, and the other people in the room turned and grinned at us because it was pleasing to the ears as we practiced.

Also, as I was walking to the subway, I saw Chrystal, a Korean girl from my small group who is also in the band. When I reached her she took my hand in a really genuine act of friendship and it was really nice because the service had left me a bit emotional. It was so lovely of her, and I'm sure she didn't think anything of it. Neither did I actually, until I remembered it just now, but the fact that I did makes it significant.

Also, when I got home, Lucy sent me a snapchat of her eating a wrap and I really wanted it but I didn't have tortillas. I thought to myself, how hard can they be to make?! So I found a recipe and did it. I'm never buying them again. It was fun.

More cute children on the subway

Mostly healthy. Strawberry milk is a reward for eating all those veggies.



No comments:

Post a Comment