Thursday, June 6, 2013

06.06.13

Nicole and I decided to make the most of our holiday and go to Suseong Lake.

Unfortunately there were giant sheets of metal up around half of it and it wasn't very visible but we took a stroll in the heat of the day and happened upon a very run-down little theme park. Everything could have done with a lick of paint and some garden shears. It was almost haunting.

The robotic animals which were rhythmically dragging children around in little carts were genuinely terrifying.

It was so surreal and creepy. It belonged in a Tim Burton film.

We walked to the other side of the lake and watched people on their swan boats as we chatted about younger siblings (shout out to Daniel!) and how great it is to be the bossy one.

It was a very nice day. I drank too many beverages though and my stomach wanted to explode. I never learn!

I caught the bus in the wrong direction home and went right up to the border of Daegu in the North. It was a really nice, airconditioned ride though and I ready so much of my book that I finished it when I got home! Turns out The Curious Incident Of the Dog In the Nighttime gets good about halfway through.

Anyway, I ate some kimbap and then met Dani for yoga class but it wasn't on so I went for a run instead. I was dead after 5 minutes which was not surprising, but also very upsetting. I did my 7 minute workout, had a shower, finished my book and felt good about life.

Where's Barney?

Some Engrish



Creepy robot toys

I hope they were friends







No comments:

Post a Comment