Tuesday, June 18, 2013

17.06.13

I was looking forward to today. I had no classes because the second graders are camping until Thursday. It's a chilled week.

I put my productive hat on though and did a whole lot of lesson planning. It feels so good to be ahead for once! I also wrote and posted some letters, finished blogging, and made some space on my hard drive. 

I had a wonderful chat with Mum on Facetime after school which involved a whole lot of silliness and eating pumpkin that was far too hot.

I then continued the productivity by meeting Dani at Cafe SO:L to work on my business model for ORY. Finally! She's so encouraging and full of good ideas. I've really been procrastinating this because I feel so pressured. It's almost as if I do this part wrong, it will all fall apart. But with her help I feel more able. Hooray for friendsI almost finished a complete draft, and I have my next move in line!

Aaaand great cafes! We got free coffee (at 10pm!!) and chips.

I also did something very stupid. The time was ticking and my bladder was filling up. The rooibos tea was really doing a good job of running it's course through my body and was looking for an escape. I hate public toilets at the best of times, so I had been putting off asking for the key.

As he was leading me down a dark alleyway to a locked door, I was thankful for the lack of light to show me how filthy everything was. I could make out the outlines of crusted grease around the light switch and handle as I unlocked the door and to my horror, it was Korean-style in every cubicle. Not a throne to be seen!

I made a split-second decision and took off running. I ran down the alley, out onto the road and all the way to my apartment which is a few blocks and traffic lights away. Well, almost all the way. As I was about to reach my door I realized I had left my house key in my bag back in the cafe. I had already been gone a suspicious amount of time for a little pee-relief, so I sprinted back, handed over the key, sat down, and crossed my legs.

It was mere minutes later that the kind man plonked a free coffee in front of me. That was definitely pushing it.

You'll be glad to know that I made it home a little while later due to fantastic self-control and distraction tactics. It was the best pee I've had in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment