Sunday, June 30, 2013

30.06.13

While I sat on the bus to church my mood got fouler as the journey went on. It started alright because a fresh wave of AC hit me as I stepped on, but then I kept thinking about the state of my apartment and I could feel frown lines get deeper the more I dwelt on it.

You see, this morning I found a sneeky bit of mold on my headboard and I wiped it off but then it plagued me. What if the mold was coming from behind? I decided to take my bed apart and check. What I found was horrible. Mold carpeted the wall, the back of the headboard, even under the wooden panels on the base. It was a situation.

I got out the rubber gloves and vinegar and gave it a good dousing. I tried to wet it first, but I could see spores fly into the air when I wiped it. SPORES. Just such a gross word. Now they're inside me.

I decided I better make a thorough job of it and pulled out my wardrobe and the shelves. Behind the wardrobe there was a bit of fuzz, but oh man the shelves. Carpet again. And it has ruined the wallpaper. It smelt so bad and it wouldn't go away.

So you can understand why I was feeling pretty unimpressed with my day. As I sat there a thought crossed my mind that I really need to worship today. Part of my bad mood was because I had missed my bus so I might not make it to church in time for practice, which means I would let Mo down, and I really wanted to do it. When I feel the grossest, that is when worship means the most and when I know how much I need to assert God for who he is. He has blessed me with so much, and I can deal with a little mold.

It might seem very silly, but it was good to be reminded like that.

After church we went to a park and ate food together. It was so nice. I met a new girl from SA and she was very cool. I hope she comes again.

People also kept complimenting me on my singing today. Apparently because of the mix and Mo's voice, I came through very clearly. My reaction is always gratitude, but in my head I feel like they're just being nice or maybe they don't know much about music so can't tell how bad it is. But today there were so many and from people who know stuff so I couldn't completely disregard it. My theory is that to my ears it's not great, but God turns it into a pleasing sound to other people's. It's kinda like that time in the Bible with tongues. I hope he keeps it up!

Add caption

Jocelyn and Camesha

Mold has no chance


No comments:

Post a Comment