Saturday, July 6, 2013

06.07.13

This morning I awoke to a very excited little dog who had pushed the door open, jumped on me and was licking my face. It really was adorable, but 6:07am is too early!

I went back to sleep for an hour before getting up and drinking a delicious smoothie and coffee that Kyungbin made me. We talked for almost three hours! It was so amazing the way her life experience is just what I needed to hear. God really is incredible in the way he works through people. He works through her so much every day and I really want that. It's an exciting life. So I am so encouraged by our chat. A Divine Appointment I say!

I made my way to meet Jose in Hongdae via Namdaemun Market, where I failed to find Mum some glasses. I gave up and got back on the subway, trying to be tricky and using the quick airport line. It didn't really work out and I was running around Seoul Station trying to find it. When I got off the heat absolutely hit me and I was sweating right away. 

We found the closest 냉면 (cold noodles) place and ran inside. It was delicious! And it was so nice to see a familiar face from NZ and talk about all our friends. 

We braved the heat and wandered about Hongdae before finding a 팥빙수 (red bean shaved ice) cafe. It had a very long line, but it was one of the best places for it in Seoul so we waited 30 or 40 mins. It was pretty amazing too. And we got to eat with the traditional spoons. How cool!

After that I traipsed him through some shops and we stumbled upon a craft market in the park. All the stuff was so great. There were people doing portraits, raising money for charities, and selling their own cute things. 

Speaking of cute things, I saw the most attractive man of my life at one of the stalls. I hung around and looked at his prints for extra long before I figured I should follow Jose. I completely failed to get his photo though and I was so close!

I wasn't even trying, I swear! I was taking one of the whole market and I didn't realise he had walked into it until it was too late to click the button. What a disaster!

We then got too sticky so tried to find a cafe with air con. The first one we saw was a little art cafe. The art was flipping creepy though. Decapitated babies and whatnot. Gross. 

But we had a good time. It was a really nice afternoon and Jose was such a gentleman, letting me drag him into shops and speaking to the staff for me. He even paid for the food! 

I then went on the sneaky subway to Itaewon where I encountered a very long line for the Simon and Martina (Eatyourkimchi) fundraiser. In the end I waited almost three hours to take a photo with them and donate some money to rescue a North Korean refugee. 

It was such a long time and when I got there I was very overwhelmed to see them in person and I was a little star struck. How embarassing. I was very awkward and hardly even said hi to them. I'll get my photo soon though and I'm sure we will look happy enough. 

In the line I made new friends! A girl from Finland and her Korean boyfriend started talking to me and after a couple of hours they invited me to dinner. We had delicious Hungarian food at a very Westernized restaurant. Oh man it was good! 

By the time we finished, it was about 11pm so it was straight on the subway back to Kyungbin and Richards'. 

On the subway I was amused because the guy next to me kept almost falling a sleep on me. But then I was unamused when a rude couple stole a seat from right under another mans bum, stared at me, and then whispered and laughed whilst glancing in my direction and widening their eyes with their fingers. Looooovely. 

But that's ok because he had terrible shoes on. Seriously. Fluoro yellow sneakers with a beige suit!?

It was a very very full day, but it was so much fun. I went to bed with some very tired feet!

My shoes were aaaaalmost dry.

Patbingsu queuing with Jose

Patbingsu


The market
Mah new ring

The creepy cafe art

Less than half of the line.

SIMON AND MARTINA

Hungarian! Chicken breast stuffed with spinach and cheese with a cream sauce. Plus the best potatoes and broccolli of my life.

Daru

Junsu

The guy who kept falling asleep on me.
The mean couple

No comments:

Post a Comment