Saturday, July 20, 2013

20.07.13

Happy birthday Apa! I had a great day in your honour.

It started waking up at a decent hour at Lucy's and making my way to Seoul. I thought it'd be a mad dash for the train but I was able to grab and consume a coffee, but my ticket, go to the loo, buy gum, and hang out for a few minutes before the train arrived. How nice!

On the way I had a fun game again of sitting in empty seats. I thought I'd be super late because of the train times and the subway, but I emerged at the exit only five minutes after our initial meeting time. Great success! 

Ahhh I was so happy to see Lara at the top of the stairs and Michelle moments later. We hopped in a taxi and went to ....... for .........  It was delicious! It was crazy cos the room we were in filled up with foreigners and it was so loud! 

We walked around the cute area a bit and I decided I like it even better than Hongdae! Lara was so lovely. She bought me some earrings from this gorgeous handmade jewellery shop. What an absolute treat! 

We met her friend at a really nice patbingsu cafe. Unfortunately she was an important lady in the police so she received a phone call soon after we arrived and had to go. People were protesting something! But she told me to get in touch if I need help finding a job in Seoul or need anything. Just lovely!

We then went around Insadong to this really cool building that has shops around the outside and the balcony spirals up on the inside so you walk past them all. People had drawn all over the walls so the building itself was kind of a never-ending work of art. It really was interesting. 

We wandered, all the while laughing and talking. Whenever I speak to Lara I am always learning new things about Korea or the world. She is just full of interesting anecdotes and tidbits.

She had an appointment so left Michelle and I to wander a bit and find the Coffee Prince cafe. We were trying to hold in our excitement as the taxi wound its way up the mountain. And we were almost overwhelmed as we looked around Han Seong's house, taking photos and recalling which scenes were shot where. She is almost as obsessed with it as I am so we had a great time. 

The view was incredible. There wre two mountains and a village in the foreground with Seoul city in the middle. We could see the 63 Building towering over everything else. 

I was snapchatting while Michelle went to get our drinks and a lady at the next table laughed at my expression and offered to take my photo. Sheepishly I declined. 

After that we walked through Namdaemun on our way too Seoul Station. It was a quick KFC dinner before I ran to the tracks with moments to spare.

What an awesome day! And to top it off, I sat in a seat on the train and no one claimed it the whole way! Such luck!















No comments:

Post a Comment