Monday, July 29, 2013

28.07.13

Dani and I had such an adventure this afternoon. First, we met at Beomeo station for the art festival. It was cute and there were kids everywhere, but the art was underwhelming. We did get coffee from a cute guy, and witnessed a toddler climb over a barrier and play with a little duck that was part of an installation. He was such a badass. He was so determined. His father's verbal and even physical attempts to stop him did not deter him from touching that duck!

After the art, I suggested we go to this restaurant outside of Daegu, only I wasn't exactly sure where or what it was called. A student had just told me about it. 

While on the subway to a stop we weren't completely sure was right, I found the website I had been looking for. Phew!

We found our way to the CW- Cinema World. It was flash! And good. Expensive, even by NZ standards. But it felt great to feel a bit fancy and drink nice wine. 

Afterwards we went up to the gallery. It was full of movie figurines. From Star Wars to Disney princesses, it was all there. Mostly Iron Man and superheroes, but it was still cool to look around. 

We then went down to the stream and walked along the big rocks to the other side. It was so still that the light made a beautiful reflection as they danced on the water. I wished I had brought my camera. There will have to be a next time. 

On the way back we were talking about books we love and Dani mentioned The Picture Of Dorian Gray. Mentally I added it to my list, so when I got to the bookshop downtown and they were about to close, it was the first book I said to the woman. I knew trying to find anything among those shelves in the few minutes she had graciously given me was a near impossible task. Surprisingly, she knew exactly where it was and I bought it as she was turning out the lights. 

It was a very fortunate ending to the day and I'm so excited to start reading!













No comments:

Post a Comment