Tuesday, July 30, 2013

30.07.13

After an awesome Skype to Von, in which we vowed to get YouTube famous, I went off to Emart to purchase a tripod with determination and a bounce in my step.

I opened my door to see a radioactive orange sky that was painting everything gold. It was so amazing that people were on the street staring at it.

A rainbow was poking through some buildings so I stopped to take a photo. A second after it captured, lightning crawled through the sky and across my phone screen. It was so quick I hardly believed it, but it was so vivid I couldn't have imagined it.

Confirmation came a few seconds later with thunder so angry I thought maybe Kim Jong Un had made good on his promise and was ending us all.

I ran home to get my camera before the rain started pelting. I made it out in time to take some lame shots and then run back inside while I was mostly dry.

I wish a photograph could capture amazing moments like this, but I'm so glad I've got my memory and this blog to document it.


"The Miranda"
The Von

The rainbow - faint, I know





Also today I received an amazing package from Amy! It was full of so many things I love including a poetry book, chocolate, delicious licorice fudgey stuff (seriously, it was incredible), Eclipse gum, and crazy teas!

I had the lemon meringue pie one and it was so delicious! Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment