Saturday, September 28, 2013

28.09.13

Today was one of my favourite days so far in Korea. It had little to do with actually being in this country, and a lot to do with what I did back home.

We had a church leaders retreat. We jumped in vans and went to a hotel for a couple of seminars which should have been followed with lunch then a paintball game but we ran out of time.

I was not complaining though!

The seminars were great. I can tell Pastor Leon loves Hybels and Northpoint, and a few times I was tearing up just because I love leadership stuff so much. Nothing makes me as passionate as church leadership and today was a good, but scary reminder.

He made us close our eyes as he read a list of things we could be passionate about, and we had to think about what really made us pumped. Travelling made me a little excited, but nothing made my heart beat and emotions soar like his description of church.

I'm just not ready to throw myself back in there yet. 

It is so nice to have a pastor who is into this sort of thing. It really makes life at church easier. He was going over a whole lot of things that reminded me of Northcross and why I was so frustrated. But God brought me here, yay!

We had shabu shabu for lunch and then found a park. While the rest played ultimate frisbee, Hannah, Ashley, and myself went on an adventure through the woods up a little path. It was so peaceful. It really felt cut off from the world in a way which I haven't felt since the beauty of NZ beaches and bush. I want to go back there with a guitar sometime.

It was an amazing day with some awesome people. Now I know them better and I'm so excited to be known by them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment