Friday, November 8, 2013

08.11.13

At the end of my last class today I felt very calm. It just came over me as I was shutting down the computer.

Usually by that point I've had enough and I'm making myself look busy and unapproachable (great teacher skills huh?) so that I can escape for the weekend with as much sanity intact as possible.

Not today.

The students walking up to me were even a welcomed interruption of my impending freedom. It did help that two of them were my favourites.

The boy is the same character from the "you're not a teacher!" incidents I mentioned previously in the year. He didn't get a chance to tell me about something in his speaking test and wanted to share it now. From what I understand, he was complaining to me about the Ministry of Women's Affairs in Korea and how they were embezzling money and turning the society on it's head. He was ranting about how women are gaining too much power and how he wants to move to Japan and find a wife.

I was a tad flabbergasted by his proclamations and tried my best to be gentle in giving out to him about his patriarchal views. In the end I was raving about how great it is that women are getting more equality in Korea and how I still think it's completely backward.

In the end I made him promise that if he goes to Japan, he will cook for his wife.

Here's a tree that caught my eye enough that I took my hand out of my warm pocket to snap a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment