Monday, November 11, 2013

11.11.13

HAPPY PEPERO DAY!

The date today looks like the popular Korean snack, Pepero because it's a bunch of sticks covered in chocolate. They've cashed in on this idea and turned it into a special day to give Pepero to loved ones. It's mainly for couples, but a few girls get all cute with their friends, much like Valentine's Day.

Before school even started, I was gifted a little packet of chocolates by a sweet girl (the same ones who wanted to give me her shoes for my birthday). Then during one girl's speaking test, she whipped out some homemade candies for me. Winking, she said, "I'm loving you..." with a very cheeky tone. She followed it up by saying that she was just kidding. I love this girl!

At lunch time my regular Monday visitor came in and tried to give me some kind of treat, but I told him about my diet. He's so lovely. He told me I don't need it and if I want to be healthy with lots of energy I should eat a lot of everything and sleep a lot. Sounds like a dream! We'll see. I might try it if this doesn't work.

He prepares something to talk about each week and today he brought in a book, "The Abolition Of Man" by C.S. Lewis. We had a great yarn about how he wants to help people and o some kind of social justice. I really hope he gets to live out his dreams because this country needs some more ambition in the right areas.


No comments:

Post a Comment