Thursday, November 28, 2013

28.11.13

New traditions were forged today in light of American Thanksgiving. Who wouldn't want a reason to create delicious pumpkin-based dishes and celebrate gratitude!? I still don't know many details about the origins of the holiday and I seem to recall that they're not as positive as what it is today, but I'm still willing to eat loads of good food in honour of thankfulness.

Dani and Luke came over, armed with paleo-ified dishes and we watched many Thanksgiving episodes of Friends while we pottered about the kitchen and nibbled on spiced nuts. Then we shared the things we were thankful for before digging in to our chicken (in lieu of turkey), tangy roast veggies, herby stuffing, spinach salad, pumpkin souffle, and then pumpkin pie whilst we watched the absolute best of the episodes - where Joey gets the turkey stuck on his head.

We sure laughed a lot and it continued as we decided to do some pilates which had us hip thrusting and rolling all over my floor in piles of giggles. Luke tried to get us to do some press-ups but we would have none of it, instead going back for more pie.

It was a great first Thanksgiving, and I hope I will manage to celebrate it in some form every year from now on.


I AM THANKFUL FOR:
- Good food!
- Great friends so far from home
- Great friends at home who still feel so close
- An amazing family who I appreciate more daily
- A God who cares about me so much that he speaks, even when I'm not willing to listen
- The morning sun on my walks to work
- Warm lunches on freezing cold days
- The Whole30 and all my new energy
- The joy I find in creating
- Technology and the ability to connect
- Blessings that are new each day
- The way my classes surprise me (today a boy got up in the middle of class and handed me a throat lozenger without a word because he could see I was hurting)
- My new school slippers from Mum! So toasty, and I was just about to buy some!


No comments:

Post a Comment