Sunday, December 1, 2013

01.12.13

An unexpected 'hello' really made my day today.

I'd been waiting in the cold for the bus and usually when I get on and scan my card the driver looks at me warily. Some of them don't acknowledge me at all, some look away quickly, others sort of roll their eyes or look at me like I'm going to do something naughty.

This driver was different. He smiled warmly and greeted me with "annyeonghaseyo" as I gushed in with the wind. He even waited until I sat down before zooming off.

My smile was lingering even minutes after, and then renewed at each stop when he repeated the kind gestures to all his passengers.

It took 10 extra minutes to get home because of his consideration, but it's a price I willingly paid for graciousness.
This blueberry and coconut milk omelette was amazing
I had extra blueberries so I made this claflouti thing to last the week. It was even more delicious than the omelette.

No comments:

Post a Comment