Friday, December 20, 2013

20.12.13

I was waiting for my favourite class this afternoon and in walked one of the boys. He's the one who features in 90% of my funny interactions.

He shuffles his way in, head drooped, and lets out a huge sigh. I ask what the matter is and he launches into a sorrowful speech about how lonely he is. Christmas is a miserable time for him. It reminds him of how single he is. He's 18 and has never had a girlfriend; his world is shattering. He'll never find someone to share his life with.

He wants to be a prince so he can find his princess. Actually, he reveals, he's already found her. She's his penpal, a Danish beauty and a millionaire. But she will never have him because she only sees him as a friend. He doesn't even dare to hope.

I try to reassure him but the conversation just plummets further until he declares that he just wants to die. It can't be worse than being single, right?

I protest, but then he decides that he'll be able to find an angel to be with if he's dead, or maybe he will come back to life as a prince and can whisk his Danish love off her feet.

At this point the class was streaming in and I was at a loss anyway so I left him to his deadly daydream.

No comments:

Post a Comment