Wednesday, January 22, 2014

22.01.14

Well, today's gym excursion with my co-teacher was equally hilarious. It was my day to use the treadmill for ages so I helped her get started on the other one.

It started spinning on 0.5km/h which she complained was too slow so I showed her how to turn it up. I revved it up to 3km/h and she got such a fright that she clutched onto the handles for dear life and turned it back down. To be fair, she does have tiny legs.

It took her a while to master the art of walking normally. Instead of strolling along she would pick up her whole leg and stomp it down in a way that meant, "Yeah! I'm exercising! Not just walking", while pumping her arms.

I started warming up over on my machine and we talked a bit. Then I put in my earplugs and became blissfully unaware of her presence until after 30mins she flopped down in a chair like she'd just run a marathon. She stayed there for a few minutes and realizing I wasn't going to stop for a while, she waved at me and left.

In her face I saw traces of shock and horror as I turned, bright red, sweaty, and panting to say goodbye. These Koreans don't know what real exercise is. Or, at least they don't look as terrible as us waygookins when they try it.

 Oh the joys.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, there is an app called Drakeshake and it's the best thing ever. Lucy and I were having some fun:



And this is my spot Drake photoseries:








No comments:

Post a Comment