Sunday, February 9, 2014

09.02.14

Nothing could have prepared me for how amazing it would feel being back at my home church, singing with my family (both genetic and adopted). Standing with them and belting out choruses felt so right. It was such a pleasure that I burst into tears and could only listen to everyone else.

Later on during the service they were introducing the staff and interns. It was so good to see them all on stage and to celebrate the number of interns who wanted to donate time and energy to work behind the scenes. It made me so proud to have been a part of that and it made me excited about the year to come.

God is at work. He is always doing something, and I know he moved me on for a purpose. It felt so right to be watching them from the congregation as opposed to being onstage. I loved working at church, but I know that's not where I'm meant to be so I am free to clap and laugh and well up with tears of joy.

1 comment:

  1. It makes me so happy to hear how happy you are chiquita!!

    ReplyDelete