Monday, February 17, 2014

17.02.14

I went to visit Poppa today. It's really heartbreaking to see him like this. Every time I look at him I just want to cry.
He used to look so vibrant and cheeky, but now he just stares into your eyes with this longing to express himself. I'm too emotional for these situations and I end up having to avert my eyes to the TV screen and try steady my voice as I chat about whatever banal show is on.

Even though it's hard, I still feel so lucky to see him again. He started getting really sick a couple of months ago and I wasn't sure if I'd ever have this opportunity. As I sat on his bed this morning holding his hand, I was certainly counting my blessings.

I also went to the Food Truck Garage spontaneously with Lucy and Priscilla

No comments:

Post a Comment