Tuesday, February 25, 2014

25.02.14

I had set today aside as a family day, thinking that Mum and I would probably go shopping and visit Nan and Pops. Obviously, those plans were now redundant but it meant that I could do something useful for my family on my last day in NZ.

It was a tough day, teetering on the cliff of overwhelming emotion, but we made it through. I clung to the promise of seeing Poppa again one day and was able to make a video for the funeral, celebrating his life.

I'd have hated to have been to busy to contribute at all. It's so annoying that I leave tomorrow and am completely useless to do anything else. But in any case today was enough. I got to hug Nan lots and tell her how much I'd prayed for Pops during the year. I got to sit with Mum and talk. I got to be with my uncle and watch him grieve. It was a real family time and I am so, so grateful to have been there today.

We went on a walk tonight. Once again I'm reminded of what an amazing place I'm leaving behind.








The view up Mt. Eden this afternoon was also spectacular

No comments:

Post a Comment