Friday, February 28, 2014

28.02.14

I'M IN SEOUL!

I met a teacher from my school today and was so shocked to hear perfect English tumble out of her mouth in streams. It was amazing. She was mumbling and saying, "like" like a native speaker. She is so good they've got her doing the same job as me for the 6th graders.

Even though I'm incredibly blessed to have her, the first few minutes were awkward. I could talk as fast as I liked but yet I kept slowing it down out of habit. After the day of hanging out I got used to it though.

She's so cool! And so are the other people I met. We were asked to lunch with the principal and head teachers which was a pretty big deal. It was difficult to get all the meat off the bones and I had to sheepishly retrieve a stray one from under the table where I had managed to flick it. Oops! I don't think too many people noticed though because I was pretty stealthy!

I also met my main co-teacher whose English was also superb from having lived in America for 5 years. Seriously, I don't know how I landed such an awesome school. It's just perfect in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment