Sunday, March 30, 2014

30.03.14

Today was one of the best days of Korea so far, and certainly Seoul.

Jess and I were super fancy all day today. We managed to drag ourselves to the early service so we had all afternoon to frolick in Gangnam. And did we ever!

We stumbled upon Garosugil, which is the ritzy road and had a blast spending up large at eateries and cafes. It was amazing.

We had amazing affogatos with Kahlua as we sat on the verandah watching people go past.

There was a Kiwi guy sitting at a table having a business meeting and he was so embarassingly loud with a very strong accent. I was a little ashamed but I think other people loved it so it was just because I'm from NZ. He sounded like Rhys Darby though, honestly. So bad.

As Jess and I got up to go I was saying something and he asked if I was a Kiwi. I said yes and we got talking. They were both super nice and ended up inviting us to a party in his partner's penthouse next month. Wow! Stuff like that never happens to me. I don't know if they'll contact me or if I'll even go, but it's cool to meet people at random.

I gotta start looking more approachable so it happens all the time. That, or I gotta start speaking loudly in a strong accent so everyone knows I'm exotic and cool.



Just some casual Gangnam promoting




No comments:

Post a Comment