Saturday, April 19, 2014

19.04.14

People go through all kinds of struggles in their lives and when they let you into their darkness it can be very beautiful.

It started with this afternoon and the catch up with Rebekah over coffee. She was so cute. I saw her across the street and she did one of those big, two-arm waves like she was signalling an airplane or something. Then when I finally crossed she gave me a big hug and was practically jumping up and down with excitement.

We had a really good talk about many things, including her mum's sickness and my Poppa's passing. I shared how I could see God's hand on the whole thing and how I felt so at peace about it. When I looked up she was weeping. I don't know what was going on in her head, but I know it was to do with her fears about her mum passing away. I got a glimpse into her pain and the raw vulnerability of human connection was truly touching.

Later on tonight I went to a story slam. It's basically the same idea as a poetry slam, except people share stories instead of poems. Everyone did a really good job. They were so brave to offer up so many haunting memories. We sat in silence as people shared stories of boarding schools, lost families, child psychiatric units, and pedophiles. There was laughter joy along with the bitterness.

I feel very honoured to have seen a glimpse into the deepest parts of these strangers' histories.

It was good to go back to Buy the Book

What a great face

Bibimyum

No comments:

Post a Comment