Saturday, June 7, 2014

07.06.14

Today was incredible and exhausting.

We ventured up Mt. Seorak and found many magical places. Well, us and thousands of other people. I'll never get used to sharing nature with so many people. It doesn't seem right to this Kiwi girl.

Anyway, while the others were checking out a temple I wandered down a lonely path and found a stream with loads of rocks. It was just me! I could see people on the bridge in the distance, but all I could hear was water gushing through the rocks. I took off my shoes and made my way up the stream on my tip-toes.

When I came back, the others had found me and we played for a while. I tried to build a dam and Daniel made and toppled his altar to the Lord a few times. It was my favourite part of the day.

Next we bought tickets for the cable car but found we had a couple of hours before we could get on. Bisondae was supposedly beautiful and 1.5kms away. Challenge accepted! We practically scampered up the mountain, through amazing greenery, past beautiful waterfalls and rock formations until we found our spot.

It was truly amazing. There were climbers dangling from peaks hundreds of meters above, turquoise water holes, and inscriptions by scholars and poets on the rocks. It was well worth the hurried hike, and because we made such good time, we could take plenty of photos and take it all in.

The cable car ended up being quite a different experience because we actually ascended into a cloud. We couldn't see a single thing more than a couple of meters away. We climbed to the peak and felt like we were going to drop off the Earth completely because all we could see was on step in front and then even that disappeared into nothing.

Perching on a rock, playing cards at the very end of the Earth is an experience I wont forget!









I was looking straight down.







No comments:

Post a Comment