Saturday, June 28, 2014

28.06.14

Seoul is pretty big. There are 11 million people living here. You'd think the chance of running into someone you know is pretty slim. However, this afternoon I managed to bump into two people in Sinsa.

The first was Sarah, a friend who I made on the subway to Jazz Festival. It was so crazy to see her, but I suppose she lives in the area so I wasn't too freaked out. We wandered down Garosugil and wasted some time before her blind date. That girl is brave! Anyway, I took it as a sign that I should be hanging out with her more often.

The second friend I bumped into was Dilys. I heard my name as I was about to descend into the subway and turned to see her. It has been months! We had a grand old yarn outside of a convenience store, both commenting every so often about how we better be going and then continuing to talk.

I love running into people! I think it's because I'm lazy and precious with my time but still interested in what people are doing and how they are. When you bump into each other it's so fortuitous. No planning, no leaving the house especially. It's perfect!

Korea has massive watermelons. For massive prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment