Wednesday, July 30, 2014

29.07.14

Luang Prabang has absolutely charmed me today. It is a ridiculously quaint little town with the Mekong river on one side and the Nam Khan on the other. The buildings are French Colonial and the people are so friendly. 

I'm still getting used to seeing so many fallangs (foreigners) everywhere. Most of them seem to be European. I hear French everywhere. It's wonderful. 

Today I played a real tourist and crossed off many things on my list. I visited temples, rode along the Mekong, ate in a cute cafe, had amazing coffee, drank out of a coconut, read my book, and went to the cultural museum. All before 3pm! 




They put wax on the fabric before dipping it in dye so it leaves a pattern. So lovely.




Beautiful scarves at the night market.

Barbecue, Laos style

No comments:

Post a Comment